Development Department, Web Software Group
"Chaos dwells in the heart of harmony."
The mission of the VTLS Development Team is to create and sustain a customer-focused, quality-driven, collaborative development environment to best advance the overall mission of our company.
- Vectors iPortal
- The iPortal is the Web OPAC for Virtua. It is written in C/C++, and acts as a Z39.50 origin (client).
- The Software Formerly Known as Web Reports, InfoStation provides Virtua with its reporting capabilities. InfoStation is written in Perl, and communicates directly with the Virtua Oracle database.
- VITAL (VTLS Imaging Technology for Advanced Learning) is a Digital Asset Management product currently under development by the Imaging group.
- Language Editor Web Edition
- The Language Editor Web Edition is used to translate configuration files for the Vectors iPortal, the Book Locator, and InfoStation
- Tame the MetaData Jungle with MetaCat. MetaCat is fundamentally a MARC record creation tool. It allows someone to create web forms with labels and data entry fields that get translated using templates into the fields and subfields of a MARC record. MetaCat is a brilliant tool that allows non Library Science trained entry operators create fully verified MARC records.
- Fastrac is the name of the software and hardware offerings of the VTRAX division of VTLS.
- William Barrick
- William just received his MS in Computer Graphics from New Mexico Highlands University. On the weekends, he does woodworking and carving to escape from programming computers.
- Chris Dunavant
- Fearless Leader, Gandhi in Disguise. When not occupied with Imaging projects or VITAL, Chris studies philosophy, politics, etc. He also maintains collections of music CDs, books and quotations.
- Rusty Earl
- The Che of the group, Rusty is constantly talking of uprisings. He's also our resident sports expert, especially when it comes to Michigan Football. Rusty was an underwater archaeologist in a former life. He also is a History major, and can give you more details about fighting and warfare throughout history than you ever wanted to know.
- Joe Liversedge
- Joe is our Graphics Guru. Besides working on the Book Locator, Language Editor Web Edition, the XBS and XVS features of the Chameleon, and VITAL, Joe is a company wide resource for PhotoShop and 3D Studio Max wizardry. Joe plays some mean Quake, fragging with the best of them.
- Tony Miller
- Eric Roth
- Mark Scott
- Dedicated to the cycling world, Mark commutes with a human propelled two wheeled vehicle on most days. Mark has always been a math geek, and even has a PhD in math from LSU. He has his own site which includes a download of a program that uses OpenGL to show a never ending staircase.
- Randy Whitson
Comments about the contents of this page should be directed to: Tony Miller email@example.com.
Last modified: Tue Mar 1 10:56:42 EST 2005